How should I stay safe?
It is our highest priority to do everything we can to help you feel safe while you are a student with us at TLG. This means we will do what we can to care for you and protect you from harm, provide a safe and healthy school environment and act on concerns that you or we have.
All our staff are carefully checked before they start work at the school, to make sure they are suitable to work with young people.
Our staff are appropriately qualified and receive regular training in safeguarding, health and safety, first aid, fire safety and behaviour management. This ensures they know how to keep you safe and deal properly with any concerns that arise.
Staff follow clear, set guidelines and procedures for keeping you safe while in school and on off-site trips and visits.
Staying safe online
When using the internet, either at TLG or elsewhere, we recommend you follow these simple steps to help protect yourself:
1. Do not post any personal information online including your phone number, address, passwords or your school.
2. SPEAK UP! If you viewed something online that made you anxious, unsafe or uncomfortable, please speak to an adult that you trust.
3. If you do not know someone, why are they "your online friend" or "follower"?
4. Privacy settings should always be kept to a maximum. Use the search engines on social networking websites to find out how to do this.
5. Think carefully when "posting" or "sharing" a photo online. Remember, once a photo is posted online, people will be able to share or download the photo.
If you are worried about your own safety or welfare, or the safety and welfare of someone else, you can speak to any member of staff. You can do this even if your concern involves the conduct of another member of staff.
Alternatively, you can report a concern here and a member of staff will get back to you.